Choose and purchase your course
Select the course you
would like to enrol upon and create your account
Access the course using a computer or tablet
Our courses are designed to work on a computer with internet connection, including most tablets
Participate at a time and place that suits you
You have 6 months' access to the course and can revisit it as often as you like during that time
I've wanted to attend Human Givens courses for ages ‒ and now I can!
This is a great way to learn and the information has been very helpful
HOUSEWIFE & MOTHER
Thank you for a hugely motivating course
How to purchase and access your course
- 1 Take a look at our courses and choose one you would like to enrol on
- 2 Click the enrol button and create your account ‒ with a username and password ‒ by following the simple instructions (NB This is all you need to do to view our FREE talks.)
- 3 Once you've created an account (or logged in if you already have one) you will be guided through the simple steps to purchase your course using our secure PayPal facility with a credit/debit card or PayPal account (Please note: If you are purchasing the course from outside the UK your credit/debit card or PayPal account will be debited with the equivalent amount in the local currency calculated at that day's exchange rate.)
- 4 When you have successfully purchased the course you will be directed to your 'My Courses' page from where you can access the course at any time
- 5 At the same time you will be sent official receipts from both PayPal and Human Givens Online Courses via email. Your enrolment confirmation receipt email from Human Givens Online Courses will also have a link in it that will take you to the course so you can start it straight away
- 6 To access the course again at a later date, simply log in to your account and go to the 'My Courses' page listed under 'My Account' and then click on the 'Access Course' button next to the appropriate course's name
- 7 When you have successfully completed the course you will be sent a certificate of completion that you can use for CPD
- 8 As many of our online courses count towards Part 1 of the Human Givens Diploma course, Human Givens College will also keep a student record of the courses you have completed online along with any one- or two-day seminars/workshops you may have attended in person.+
+ Human Givens College is registered as a data controller on the Data Protection Register as required by the Data Protection Act 1998. (Registered number Z2517008.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to be able to access a course?
You need a personal computer or tablet that has a reliable internet connection, and somewhere quiet to be able to concentrate. You will also need either a PayPal account or a debit or credit card to purchase the course online and a good grasp of English, as this is the language used. (Also see Technical Requirements.)
What form does the course take?
Each course is split into modules, which consist of different sections with filmed lecture clips and sometimes additional material to read. Each film clip is followed by multiple choice questions for you to answer. These help you thoroughly absorb the course material and check that you have understood it. There are also additional notes that complement the course and a copy of the slides for you to download as an aide memoire.
You need to answer the multiple choice questions correctly to proceed to the next section, but the results are given immediately and you have the option to correct answers or even go back and watch the film clip again should you wish to.
Do I need any previous experience to take one of your courses?
No. Although our courses are primarily for the caring professions, all of our training is presented as clearly as possible without jargon so that anyone who is interested in the subject matter, whether for professional or personal reasons, can understand the material covered.
How long will a course take me?
The beauty of our online courses is that you can do as little or as much as you like in one sitting. These online courses are based on our one-day taught courses, but they include additional material to read and multiple choice questions to answer after each clip. So in theory, you could complete the course in one whole day, but many people prefer to do a module at a time and come back to it.
Can I stop a course and continue later?
Yes. The advantage of our online training is that you can fit it in around your other commitments whenever it suits you, day or night.
It is easy to log out of the course and then log in again with your username and password at a later date and simply continue from where you left off. (You have access to the course for 6 months from the date of purchase.)
Can I revisit parts of the course at a later date?
Yes, during your six months' access to the course you can revisit the whole course, or just a section of it, as often as you need to.
If you would like to review a particular section of the course again having finished the whole course, or even having moved through the course to a later section, you can easily navigate to an earlier section using the menu on the left of the screen.
You cannot jump ahead to later sections of a course, however, without having first successfully completed the multiple choice questions for the sections that precede them.
How long will I be able to access the course for?
Once you have purchased a course you have six months in which to complete it. During the six months you can view the course as often as you like, which gives you plenty of time to both think about and absorb the ideas and information each course contains.
Is there a course certificate?
Yes. Once you have successfully completed the whole course you will be eligible for a Certificate of Completion from Human Givens College which is suitable for 6 hours of continuing professional development.
Do your courses count towards a qualification?
Yes. Our online courses count towards Part 1 of the Human Givens Diploma – a well-regarded and highly practical psychotherapy course that also has wider applications for promoting emotional health in other areas. Read more.
I'm having trouble logging in, what can I do?
If you are having problems logging in to your account, it may be that you need to delete your browser cookies and/or empty your cache. For more information on how to do this, click here (external web site).
Can I enrol on more than one course?
Yes. You can either do so on a course by course basis via this website or, if it makes it easier for you, you can contact our friendly team at the office via email or by phone on +44 (0)1323 811690 (9.00am–5.30pm GMT Mon–Fri). They can also help if you'd like to create a group booking for several people from one organisation.
Can we help?
If the above questions haven't answered your query, please do Contact us, we are always happy to help with any questions about our training that you may have.
In order to access and enable full funtionality of Human Givens Online Courses an internet connection is required. We recommend that you use one of the following browsers to access the online courses:
- Google Chrome 16
- Internet Explorer 8.0
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- Firefox 8.0
- Firefox 9.0
- Safari 5.1
Human Givens Online Courses have also been tested on the following tablets:
- iPad (iOS version 6.0+)
- Android Tablets (Android version 4+)